So this is exciting! The plan was to relaunch the Drum Machine blog at the beginning of December.
drum roll please. . . . . . . . . . . we are starting early!! In September!!!
This preview is to give people a flavour of what the Drum Machine blog is all about.
You can see whether you’d like to contribute and how you might do that should you wish to!
This is the first of three example blogs.
I can honestly say in three years of being in Drum Machine when it comes to rehearsal every Wednesday 7-10PM in Hebden Bridge, I’ve never once thought, ‘Can’t be arsed!’
If I’m exhausted before I get there, I always come away feeling energised.
I love the people and the tunes, the mental agility that is playing and the head fuck that is when you just don’t get it.
I move heaven and earth to get there and I know many others do the same. There’s nothing quite like it.
So I’m not exactly sure who’s going to be reading this:
- Perhaps you play in the band?
- Or used to?
- Perhaps you’d like to come along to the beginner’s course starting in October and try out for the band? Drum Machine are recruiting!
- Maybe you’re an experienced drummer and are looking for a new outlet? Get in touch.
- Perhaps you’ve played with us before and are considering coming back. (We’ve got some phat new tunes and when we go over old ones, you’ll have all the muscle memory!) Get in touch and we can figure out when you can come along
- Perhaps you’ve seen us in action and want to find out where we’re next playing? Here is the gig list. Bring your mates, you know the ones who are going to love us 😊 We can't wait to see you.
- Maybe you’re a gig promoter who is looking to book us for a performance or a workshop? Our EPK for performances is here. And our EPK for workshops is here.
- Perhaps you fund community projects and are look for diverse, inclusive and creative projects to fund
- Perhaps you’re looking for some Drum Machine merchandise. We will be opening our online shop for T-Shirts, Sweatshirts and CD’s soon. Before then if you desperately want something, please let us know.
- Our new online SHOP "Drum Machine Inspired" will be opening soon with Drum Machine Inspired accessories, jewellery, clothes, art and more.
So whatever your reason for being here is, thank you. I hope you will love what is to come…
I have had three submissions for the blog so far and they have all been absolutely brilliant!
People play with Drum Machine for all kinds of reasons but if you have any doubt as to the healing power of Drum Machine or the amazingness of our community, read on.
“I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2010 after months of tests and investigations. I had been struggling with my health for years previous to this. With strong medication I usually manage my symptoms well but occasionally MS takes over and I have to take time to recover. I was going through a divorce in 2015 and my friends decided to take me out for the evening to cheer me up.
THAT was when I heard the machine.
I couldn’t believe my ears-the sound was incredible. Drum Machine entered and I couldn’t believe how the sound made me feel.
It was the best thing I had ever heard and I instantly felt like a different person.
A few weeks after, I saw that drum machine were recruiting.
I felt like I needed to be a part of this band.
Having never played an instrument before I was sure they’d just ask me to leave.
I completed the beginners course auditions and I couldn’t believe it when I received an email afterwards to say I was IN!
YES! 3 years later and still loving it more than anything.
When I play in the band I feel AMAZING. I feel like I could take on the world.
MS doesn’t exist when Drum Machine are playing. The sound is hypnotic and it takes away my pain.
My legs work, I can see again and I feel incredible!”
By Becky Mayo
So a huge thank you for Becky for sharing those words with us. We love you, Becky!
If you’d like to keep up with Drum Machine’s news and views in the easiest way, we suggest signing up to our email updates. This means we are not at the whim of facebook’s algorithms. Sign up by clicking this link and scrolling to the sign up form at the bottom.
What’s To Come…
Blog 2: James on Kutador gives the lowdown of what Drum Machine means to him. Buckle up. You’re in for a treat!
Blog 3: Doug’s thoughtful history of trance and why he’s Drum Machine’s biggest fan!
And when we launch for real, we’ll be doing an interview with the boss man himself Aid Todd.
Aid writes the tunes. Aid trains everyone. It’s Aid’s band.
So look out for that one!
If you'd like to write an article for the Drum Machine blog, please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
With Love, Kati x
Want to try out for the band? Drum Machine are recruiting! Please get in touch and let us know your intention to join us.
And one more thing, please sign up to our email updates to ensure you don't miss our latest news, gigs and views. Email Sign up is at this link (scroll down.).